Do you like a challenge? Can you picture yourself at the forefront of innovation in laboratory automation? If the answer is Yes, then working at Protedyne (a Labcorp company) might be right for you. Here, you’ll build your career alongside some of the brightest and most creative minds in automation, engineering, science, and software.
We are hiring for the following positions. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please visit https://careers.labcorp.com/ and type “Windsor” in the search box.
Protedyne Corporation, a subsidiary of Labcorp, has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer at our Windsor, CT headquarters. The ideal candidate will support the Hardware Engineering Department by performing technical activities as part of the electro-mechanical product development team.
Electrical Engineer - Full Description
• Responsible for electrical/electronic aspects of product design, development, and prototyping.
• Design electrical and electronic circuits.
• Generate drawings and other design documentation.
• Select components and component suppliers.
• Digital hardware/architecture design.
• Microcontroller/Microprocessor architecture design.
• Embedded software design.
• Develop product manufacturing instructions.
• Enter design and parts data into the ERP system.
• Define/Refine electronics architecture platforms across multiple products.
• Support sustaining activities of existing products.
• Refine electrical and overall product development process.
• Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
• Work experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years recent design experience.
• Ability to design electrical and electronic circuits for Controls and Power Distribution.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret design requirements, and regulatory and quality standards.
• Detailed understanding of electronics and embedded systems.
• Excellent electrical CAD skills, including schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout, and component library management.
• Basic mechanical CAD ability.
• Basic mechanical and electrical assembly skills.
• Good writing and oral communications skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills.
• Design of Motion Control and Servo systems. Experience with programmable multi-axis motion controllers, servo motor amplifiers, servo loop tuning, and motor selection and sizing.
• Machine Vision and Camera System experience for inspection and guidance.
• Analog design experience in ADC, DAC and AFE circuit design, analog sensor interface design, AC mains circuit design up to 208V.
• Digital design experience in: High speed digital system design, High speed digital interfaces: (Gigabit Ethernet, USB3.0, HDMI), Microcontroller circuit design.
• Experience with Ethernet, CAN and RS-485 based industrial fieldbuses.
• Experience with embedded Linux systems.
• System design experience in: Analog circuits, Digital circuits, High speed digital design, Design for Electromagnetic Compatibility, Design for reliability, serviceability and manufacturability, Reliability test development and execution, Troubleshooting and debugging of complex mixed signal systems.
Skills/Knowledge in the following is desirable:
• Industrial robotics and automation
• Ethernet & Industrial IO networks
• Serial Communications
• Safety for Automation
• Sensor Technology
• ID/Barcode technology
• Machine Design for NEC, UL, and CE compliance
• Programming in various industrial languages
• Process Control for heating and cooling
• Conveyor Systems
• Part Feeding
• System Installation, Commissioning, & End-User Training
Associate Software Engineer: Windsor, CT
We have an immediate opening for an Associate Software Engineer in Windsor, CT. This position will help develop applications for laboratory automation/robotic systems. This is an entry-level, hands-on position working with robots and peripheral equipment from prototype to production. These applications are used in networked, embedded laboratory automation systems. A desire to enter and grow in the field of automation technologies is required. Experience in Java, Spring Framework, and web applications with a database backend is a plus. This position is perfect for individuals passionate about software development, with a focus on learning and growing in the field of laboratory automation/robotic systems.
Associate Software Engineer: Windsor, CT - Full Description
- Work under the guidance of experienced professionals to design, develop, and support software applications for laboratory robots involved in liquid-handling and instrument-tending.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to write bring-up, test, and diagnostic software for production automation equipment.
- Learn and contribute to the design and development of application-specific user interfaces, including web applications.
- Contribute to the development of core tools using multiple software environments to simplify application programming.
- Work alongside our Customer Care team to gain hands-on experience troubleshooting field service issues, enhancing your problem-solving skills.
- Gain experience in developing within an ISO 13485 Quality environment, ensuring a high standard of software development practices.
- Experience developing application or embedded control software
- Background in object-oriented design methodologies
- Experience with Java, C/C++, Python, Rust
- Understanding of electrical interfacing, sensors, and motors
- While experience with technologies like machine vision, robotics and mobile robots is a plus, it is not a requirement. We are looking for candidates eager to learn and motivated to apply their skills in a real-world setting.
- Experience with Java and/or another object-oriented language
- Experience with IDEs and source control tools
- Knowledge of Java-based frameworks a plus, specifically the Spring Framework
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL database architecture a plus
- Effective communication skills necessary
- Experience in a fast-paced, team-based design environment
- Understanding of CSS styling and HTML5 a plus
- Web technologies, including Angular and Node experience a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related fields is preferred but not mandatory. We welcome applicants with a passion for software development and problem solving.